Whitespace, previously Beanbag Media, started in 2008. As my after hours freelance work became too much to handle, I started working full time on Beanbag Media and eventually partnered up with Adrian Myburgh and launched Whitespace in 2010. Whitespace currently is a team of 3 – Adrian, Brad Melin and myself.
HumanWrit.es, my second business venture I co-founded with Adrian and Richard Mulholland, launched on the 1 June 2012. HumanWrit.es sells a 192 page, square, hard cover notebook called a Writable, that for every Writable sold, a classroom of 10 kids receive an exercise book.
I’ve been named as one of 300 young South Africans to take to lunch by the Mail & Guardian, spoken at a number of conferences and held workshops on social media, blogging and online marketing.
- Karina, my beautiful wife.
- All things web. And I mean everything. If it’s online, I want to know about, visit and use it.
- Apple – I own a Macbook Pro, iPhone 4S and an iPad.
- Chelsea, Ferrari, Western Province and all our national teams. I’m also a huge England soccer fan.
- Good food, wine and whiskey.
- To travel. Both Karina and I are forever talking about our next overseas holiday destination.
- Old school corporates. I don’t want to work in a cubicle farm on some legacy website or application where I must come dressed in a suit just to impress my CRT monitor.
- Weird vegetables like cauliflower, brussel sprouts and any form of beans.
- Spammers, pyramid schemes and get rich quick people.
- Fixing hardware and networking problems. I want to work on a PC, not in one.